Wednesday 3 October 2012

Andrew Goodwin writing on 'Dancing in the Distraction Factory'


1.       Music videos demonstrate genre characterisation

2.       There is a relationship between lyrics and visuals

3.       There is a relationship between music and visuals

4.       Demands of record label will include the need for lots of close ups of the artist and the artist may develop motifs which recur across their work.

5.       There is frequently reference to notion of looking and particularly voyeuristic treatment of the female body.

6.       There is often intertexual references.

Andrew Goodwin's theory shall help me with the production of my music video as I will know to demonstrate the genre characterisation.
I will also incorporate the focus of forming a relationship between lyrics/music and visuals.
During my music video I shall have many close-up shots as these provide the audience with the image of the artist and a possible motif that partners the artist.
If I use a female artist I will be sure to use the notion of looking which may entice an audience of men, however I would still keep it accessible to woman as the music video could be narrative-based, keeping the woman involved with a possible romantic narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment