Saturday 9 March 2013

Research Into New Genre

I have looked through a lot of different music videos within my genre of pop/electropop. I have looked at videos from Rihanna, Beyonce, Will.I.Am, Katy Perry, Adele, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Nicki Ninaj, Lana Del Rey, Jessie J, Pink and Shakira, all of which are my genre. After studying these videos I was able to understand which forms and conventions I wanted to follow and/or oppose.

As the artists that I am using is a female, I largely focused on the female artists and began to form a profile of a videos that I liked and would want to follow the conventions of.

Here is an example of one of the videos that really stood out to me:


This video has a very good example of a narrative-based concept. It has a very obvious story line that also links with the lyrics of the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment